Monday, September 17, 2012

the artist

Finally, after all this time...I was going to meet The Artist. Silence drove me into these woods, and I hiked most of the way into the deep thicket of them as she told me to. All alone and not armed at all, you can believe that I was cautious as hell.

I only brought my laptop with me, and the CD case. I was going to get some answers right now. I'd waited so long, and I finally had someone who was willing to give me some sort of explanation for everything I've been through. This was it.
And then, as you saw in the last photo of my last post, I saw her there. She was sitting on a fallen tree, and had long blonde hair. She wasn't at all what I expected, but of course, none of what has happened has been what I'd expected. I remember I said the same thing about Silence the first time I met her. So I approached her carefully, as Silence told me she was armed and dangerous.

Another mask. Big surprise there. She clearly was being careful about being watched, as she had the binoculars. But she didn't seem dangerous. In fact, I felt more comfortable with The Artist than I ever have with Silence. She asked if I was John, and I told her I was. I then handed over the CDs, informing her of all that had happened.

She must've opened it to make sure I didn't put a bomb inside or something, I don't even know anymore with these people. But she seemed satisfied that it was clear of anything deadly. I assured her I wasn't going to hurt her, and that I just wanted answers. After Silence being quiet (sticking to her name) and Jars only leaving cryptic and vague messages, I needed something solid and concrete. She asked me what I wanted to know, and I told her I needed to know where the CDs came from, and who Jennifer was.

She informed me that Jennifer was the deadly one, not Jars. Jars was nothing more than a pawn to her, as I was to Silence. I told her that Silence wasn't using me, but The Artist made a good point.

"Think about it, everything you've done up until this point has been on their command. Jars sends you something and you take note of it. Silence tells you to dig and you dig. You follow her around like a puppy dog wanting something that you know she'll never give you. It's pathetic. But...it's why I'm helping you, and Silence. Jars must be stopped, and Jennifer must be stopped as well. She's more dangerous than you can ever believe."

Then she told me a statement that did actually surprise me.

"I gave you these."

She bugged the phones, but when she retrieved them, Jennifers audio was missing. She told me as best she could what had happened.

"I bugged them, I knew they had information you'd want to hear. When I got the bugs back though, Jennifers was gone. She must've wiped it clean or something, I'm not sure. All I know is that it was gone. The thing that's interesting to me is that she didn't tell Jars. I think that's because Jars is her fall guy. She's going to let Jars take the hit. This is just another example of the kind of woman Jennifer is and why she must be taken down."

She told me to get in her car and I'd get more answers, so I did. Finally someone was telling me the truth. But I'm not as stupid as these girls have made me out to be. I know to be careful, and I can lie just as well as they can. I knew that though The Artist was giving me information, it was probably information that she'd crafted together perfectly so it was good enough for me but not everything I needed to know. I figured she was still hiding some things, but I took it anyway. I needed SOMETHING to go on. But I was still careful.
 You can never be too careful.

john

1 comment:

  1. What kind of gun is that? It kind of looks fake...

    ReplyDelete